1. Support the innovative ideas of your teachers
2. Create time for teachers in teams to exchange ideas and devise strategies for implemention
3. Grow the capacity of every teacher – believe in everyone’s capacity to grow and advance the vision
4. Empower teachers in practical ways – and value their input
5. Align existing and planned learning spaces around the learner and their learning experience
One way that we have used to promote excitement in the vision is to empower any teacher to become associates of the school’s research and innovation unit SCIL - the Sydney Centre for Innovation in Learning www.scil.nsw.edu.au. We’re thinking of ways to enable others to become SCIL Associates and share the journey.